Early Spring Trip to Bluff Lake

One thing I love about living in Colorado is that while "real" spring is far from here, we can go play outside on the scattered nice, warm days in February and March. On a whim the kids and I went to Bluff Lake Nature Center. I planned to collect some water if there was any in the wetland, and to start a project of taking a picture in one spot over time to see the changes. Here are some photos from our trip.

Our chosen spot to document over the seasons


Take a picture of me!


We found a tuft of bunny fur and an owl pellet (at least I *think* that's what it is!)



We collected a vial of water to look at under the microscope. Tons of raccoon prints down by the water! We watched a DVD yesterday about water ecosystems, so some microscope viewing of our local winter water is in order.

Comments

  1. I wandered in from Jessica's blog.
    You should totally pick apart that owl pellet. Use a spray bottle to wet it down a little bit and it will start to fall apart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Community Store Review

Family Learning: Exploring and Riding and Discovering Our Own Selves

I Am in Charge