Summer Pagan Homeschooling

Today we made lavender wands. We picked lavender from the front yard, peeled off the leaves and wove them with purple thread. My daughter struggles some with fine motor skills, and is a perfectionist, so this resulted in a huge blow up (on her part - I've been able to grow a lot of patience by identifying that a lot of her traits are very Aspie). After she calmed down, I sat with her on the couch and we wove hers together. I talked out loud about the tricky parts: "Ooh, here's the part we keep getting confused on because the flowers poke through." I wanted to model that it is hard while also helping her through it. Success! We got a wand and we moved through the "I'm bad at everything!" bit.

Then she asked me what a lavender wand is used for. A friend of hers is getting interested in magic. I had explained that I would teach them magic if they are interested, but that magic and energy work are real and not something to just stumble around in, conjuring up any random energy. So I realized that this lavender wand, which I was originally just doing as a craft, could be a good place to start with magical instruction. So we wrapped the whole stem of the wand and sewed it down to make it more magic wandish. Then we set an intention for it and smudged both the wand and the girl.

I taught her then how to cast a circle. She was rather shy through the whole thing, but nodded shyly but with joy when I asked if she could feel it. She is rather sensitive, and I know that training her in magic and Reiki will help direct those sensitivities while giving her tools to manage her own energy (see the Aspie bit). Magic training has begun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Community Store Review

Family Learning: Exploring and Riding and Discovering Our Own Selves

I Am in Charge